Friday, July 5, 2013

Introduction.

Welcome to the first blog post here at mom shoes.

Shoes are a metaphor, right? There are appropriate shoes for every occasion, and if the shoe fits-

I couldn't resist. "If the shoe fits..." I've been wearing my mom shoes for a few years now. I am the proud mother of a 3 year old boy and a new baby girl, just born in February. I am married to a very supportive husband, who provides me with the opportunity to stay home with our children. I guess you could say that my shoes are starting to get comfortable, but there's always an adjustment period. I still need time to break them in.

The days are long, as they say. Sometimes I feel like life with small children is pretty manageable, and then I have days where I question everything. I wonder if the house will ever be clean, if dinner will get on the table by the time my husband comes home, or if I'll have a chance to brush my teeth. It's always a bonus when more than a few things are checked off of my to-do list.

"Put your best foot forward." That's just good advice. I never intend to be perfect, but I'd like to be the best version of myself. Whether I'm changing diapers, organizing closets, or turning on nightlights, I'm putting my best foot forward. I'm figuring out how to do the best with what I've been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment